Friday, December 18, 2009

Weary Christmas season

So tired tonight. Have accomplished some Christmas shopping and notice that most people are not in the happy holiday mood this year. Every party seems tarnished by an underlying sadness or is it me? Friends who are normally "gung ho" during the holidays seem to be pushing themselves to get into the holiday spirit. I wish that it were possible to take a pass once in awhile. I remember a cousin one year calling me and saying that she was too depressed to do Christmas, and could I do the holiday dinner? I did, it was lovely. She went to her bed for Christmas. That idea really appeals to me this evening. I should take to my bed this Christmas and dialog with the angels! John and Yoko weren't all wrong, they took to their bed and gave Peace a chance. What better way to celebrate Christmas this year!

On a more positive note, I do love hearing from old friends during the holidays, there is something about picking up the phone or dropping a line that is very satisfying.

No comments: